Sunday, January 23, 2011

another parenting fail

Tom and I are sick. So sick that we drafted J to come and get Gman and take him to McDonald's playland today so that we could rest and he would be entertained. He was incredibly bored by a mom and dad who were too out of it to play. We couldn't even do voices since we both have coughs and stuffy noses and trying to talk in squeaky voices simply made us both sneeze/cough/blow our noses. I went to sleep even before J had him out the door. I sent him downstairs in his jammies with his clothes for the day, let her dress him [Tom was out starting his truck because it was snowing, roads were slick, and J doesn't have 4-wheel drive], and went to bed. Even when he returned I stayed in bed for 3 hours. We didn't even go to Church today. Tom was blowing his nose every minute sounding like someone had stuffed a trumpet up there and I have a cough that sounds like I am attempting seal impersonations. So what does one do when you have a 5 year old who can't entertain himself? He watched movies all day. The same movie in fact. He watched Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius 3 times today! Not my best parenting day.

No comments: