Friday, January 21, 2011

more G-isms

We were leaving Gram's house last Saturday where Gman's cousins were visiting. I was explaining to Gman that his cousins were sad to leave and his older male cousin was crying he was so sad. Gman's response, "I'm not sad. I'm like Santa Claus, happy all the time". [this from the kid who can whip up tears at the mere thought of not getting his way]

Every other day or so Tom or I cut up cheese for Gman. This entails using the AWESOME cheese knife my mom got me for my birthday [sharp plastic knife with raised edges horizontally along the blade that keeps the cheese from sticking to the knife]. We cut up a block of cheese – the block is cut into 4 sections, each section is halved lengthwise and again widthwise ending up with 4 long sticks of cheese all still in a stack. We then cut these 4 sticks into cubes but all 4 cubes end up sticking together forming a 4 brick wall. Gman hates this. His cheese needs to be in separate cubes before he eats them [my OCD little man] and he is constantly trying to get Tom or myself [or anyone for that matter] to separate the cheese into cubes for him [yes, he is the laziest child in the world]. Well, to counteract this, Tom told him that Tom's job was to cut up the cheese and Gman's job was to separate it. Gman was not happy. Saturday morning someone was grumpy and tired and begging me to separate his cheese cubes for him. I told him he would have to do it and Gman explained to me about the cube separation being his job "Daddy told me …." I agreed it was his job to which he replied, "I quit! I am quitting this job and now you have to do it for me!" Ah, the logic of childhood.

Gman loves for me to tell him the story of King Kong [I have no idea why] and Tom loves to throw me under the bus by occasionally reminding Gman to have me tell the story. So the other day I was repeating the story and when I got done I wondered what the "beautiful girl" in the story looked like to Gman, so I asked him. "She has yellow hair. She has blue eyes. She's wearing a pink shirt and pink pants. And she has glasses." He is so his father's son. Daddy likes girls who wear glasses also.

No comments: