Thursday, September 22, 2011

Camping

We're going camping/hunting this weekend.  Archery season started and Dad wants to teach Gman about hunting.  Gman is all into it already, but doesn't understand the part about sitting quietly in a tree.  He's okay with the killing of animals as he understands that's how we get our meat and he's also okay with his dad killing stuff as he's helped skin deer and rabbits.  I'm not sure how he'll do sitting in a tree for long periods as last time he went out in a blind and his dad read him stories while they sat in a hunting blind and then he fell asleep.  I give it about an hour from the time they leave camp, walk to the tree, climb it, sit for 15 minutes, have to climb down and walk back to camp.  If he has to pee in the pee jug, well, then I give it an extra 15 minutes for the joy of peeing outside and into something unusual.  But the whole family is going so I will tend the fire and read a book while they are gone.  I think I may bring my DVD player and watch the 2nd season of GLEE.  I think I deserve something nice because I'm going to have to get up with the Sun on my one day a week I get to sleep past 6 AM.  And as we all know, sleep is very important to me.  I don't give it up lightly.  But Gman got his first progress report from school yesterday and had straight As in all his subjects, behavior, and effort.  He deserves a treat as well.

No comments: