Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gman and his toys

Joel and Jethro were a Troll by Bill Peet - so I spent $10 on a children's book.  Is that crazy?  He enjoyed it so much and I enjoyed reading it to him so much that I just had to buy it.  I think one of the reasons he loves it so much is that one of his best friends is named Joel.  Sometimes I call Gman Jethro or switch the name Jethro when I'm reading to Gman, just to tease him.  He pretends to be annoyed, but I can tell he loves it.  The sly little grin gives it away every time.  I love Amazon's option to buy used books.  I think this was about $26 (at least) new. 
He also wanted How Droofus the Dragon Lost His Head but we ran out of time.  He asked for it again this morning as we were getting dressed, so I promised it to him tonight and so did his dad.  I'm going to suggest to him that we go through and read all his books in his bookcase (he has TONS) and get rid of those he hates and save the ones he likes.  We're remodeling a room in our house to turn it into a family room complete with bookcases in an alcove.  Once it's complete I'm going to move the majority of his toys downstairs.  He hates playing upstairs when everyone is down so his toys don't get played with as much as they should - too much TV watching because it's where everyone else is.  So now he will have a room downstairs with most of his toys and the majority of his books.  That way he can grab stuff to play with while I am cooking dinner.  I may even move his little desk downstairs so he can sit at it and play "school".

No comments: