Thursday, July 30, 2009

Small Successes 7-29-09

 

  1. I didn’t kill my milkweed!  I thought in my determination to get rid of the aphids on the milkweed that I had overdosed them with dishwashing liquid.  Many of them turned “black” [stems and leaves] and a bunch of the leaves fell off.  I thought they were goners for sure.  But much to my delight, the aphids are back, but so are the milkweed beetles and milkweed pods.  I am anxious to see if I get any monarch butterflies this year.  We had 4 last year and Gman still talks about his caterpillar “Little” who turned into a butterfly.

 

  1. I talked with my contractor about money.  My house suffered some rather severe damage back in January when a water pipe burst on the 2nd floor and rained in my house for about 3 hours.  We have been undergoing reconstruction and construction with the same contractor for the last 6 months.  It has been arduous for all of us [even the contractor I think] but we are approaching the end.  We are over budget, as these things usually are, and I had to have a talk with the contractor about money.  VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!  But I did it! And now we have a meeting scheduled for later this afternoon to discuss options for getting costs under control.

 

  1. After staying up WAY past my bedtime last night [2 am] and getting awoken at 3:30 by a little man claiming to have had a “bad dream” – child lingo for I want to sleep with you and Daddy – I managed to get out of bed and to work by 7 AM.  Got to work, but I think I will be chastising myself severely for staying up too late.  Still, Success! I got to work.

No comments: