Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Current Read Alouds

Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss’ Sleep Book

If I Ran the Zoo

The Lorax

Oh, the Places You’ll Go

Daisy-Head Mayzie

Horton Hears a Who

And to Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street

Happy Birthday to You

The Sneetches

Yertle the Turtle

Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose

Never Tease a Weasel – I can’t remember the author’s name, but a fun book

Big Book of Fairy Tales – excellent stories retold with wonderful drawings

Little Golden Books

Animal Counting Book

Doctor Dan the Bandage Man

Nurse Nancy

The Color Kittens

The Pokey Little Puppy

The Shy Kitten

Cinderella

Three Little Pigs

The Three Bears

Tawny Scrawny Lion [one of my personal favorites]

The Laughing Dragon – originally mine from childhood, destroyed in the flood and repurchased

Andrew Henry’s Meadow – my all time favorite

A Bargain for Frances

Tiki tiki Tembo – another childhood favorite

Duck Soup [Gman loves Bebe]

Harry the Dirty Dog

Harry and the Lady Next Door

No Roses for Harry

Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys [the first Curious George book – I didn’t know this even existed]

Sergio Makes a Splash

I’m looking for new books, something a little more complex with fewer pictures. I think I have to move up a reading level. We went to the library last night and I got a book for G ….. something about a music box mystery. I think we’ll try that one tonight.

No comments: