Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gman at Night

The other night Gman climbed between me and the bed [his mattress is on the floor of our room – my younger sister’s old bedroom as we’re living at Grandma’s house due to The Flood – right up against our bed]. Apparently it formed a nice warm little pocket as he fell asleep there. Before he dozed off, however, he informed me that “It’s nice and cozy and safe. No monster or kangaroos or joeys can get me.” I get the monsters, but I didn’t know we were in danger of imminent attack from a wild band of roving Kangaroos.

The previous night he asked me to recite the Little Golden Book Animal Counting Book. It’s a repetitive little rhyme that counts up to 10 using animals that live in the meadow. I got all the way up to nine before I started to forget. At which point he informed me that I needed to start over. When I refused, hysteria ensued. So much so that I got up and left. After he calmed down a bit he followed me out into the next room [my brother’s bedroom across the hall from my younger sister’s old bedroom :-P] and I chastised him to get back in bed [okay, truth be told, I yelled L] and he started crying again, waving his little hands and said, “But I want to hug you up!!!”. Well who can resist that? So I let him come sit on my lap facing me and he hugged me…..and asked me to please start over with the rhyme. Is it bad that I gave up? I made him get back in bed, told him I’d be in in a few minutes, and when I got back, restarted the rhyme……..after being asked “Are you going to start again, Mama?” Until I forgot at nine again and was informed that I had to start over again. LOL. So I sternly told him that I would start over, but this was the last time, no matter how many mistakes I made. Luckily I made it all the way through without pause the last time. I don’t know which to be more impressed by….. his OCD, his perseverance to get his way, or the imaginative way he managed to stay up way past his bedtime.

No comments: