Monday, December 13, 2010

Bad Mama!

I let the boy watch too much TV last night.  3 movies in fact.  I was a slug and I feel asleep in the easy chair and let him watch PETER PAN and when that was over I let him watch ALADDIN.  And then after dinner I let him watch HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.  In my defense he did spend about 45 minutes outside shoveling snow [for fun] – not much of defense is it?  It was miserable here, snowing and blowing all day with steadily dropping temperatures.  I think I could have come up with a better way for him to spend the afternoon, however.  It was pure laziness on my part.  I know he enjoyed it, but he probably would have enjoyed painting his letters [wooden block], playing Candyland [but only if he won], or reading books [me or an audioCD, whichever].  I have to stop relying on the TV so much.  That is my resolution today:  no TV watching this week.  Tonight we have soccer [not really practice, more learning the skills to eventually play], tomorrow we have a quick stop at the library which I just decided to let be a long stop at the library and getting our Christmas pictures reprinted [they had the “s” in pray for us cut off so now it looks like a weird text message “Pray for u”].  Wednesday I’ll see if my mom’s interested in having dinner with us [preferably my house so that I can control the TV], Thursday I’ll have to think of something, and I am so tempted to make Friday night after dinner Movie night.  I think I will.  Not due to laziness, but if I can accomplish 4 days without TV – pure torture for my TV addict, the boy deserves a treat after going to school all week.  He tells me it’s “challenging” – Preschool mind you.  Saturday night is N’s birthday dinner so Gman will be home with the babysitter [he prefers it to going to a grown up restaurant].  By the time we get home, sing our rendition of “Happy Birthday”, and blow out the candles, it will be bedtime.  Sunday is Gram’s house so we can play in the basement and watch football in the afternoon.  The following week is Dad’s week, so I will let him decide if he wants to use the animated babysitter, but I’m guessing he won’t.  If he’s hunting I don’t know if I’ll be drop off or pick up.  I’m off work from just before Christmas until after the new year begins so we’ll see how much fun stuff we can do with cousins, aunt and uncles, and maybe fit in a hunting trip with dad.

No comments: