Saturday, December 4, 2010

Woodpeckers

Dad, Gman and I returned from our camping trip today [just overnight]. Gman's first hunting trip. Went out to the blind for archery, sat with Dad, fell asleep for an hour. No deer wandered by, but fun nonetheless. On the way home Gman fell asleep in the car. You have to know this is unprecedented - even as a baby on a 6 hour trip to see his cousins, he only slept an hour. When he woke up he asked to watch a movie tonight. I was okay with that, we've had a few busy days. Then out of the blue he asks why he can't watch "My Little Pony". I have no problem with it, but Dad hates it and thinks it's evil. See PIERCING THE DARKNESS by Frank Perretti and see why. So I said, he couldn't and that should be the end of it. No dice. He kept asking and I said they were evil and did all sorts of bad things, etc. I was mostly being faecetious and trying to convince him that it wasn't a big deal. I could see the little wheels in his mind working, and then he said matter of factly that the ponies were good. I didn't respond, so he said "I'm going to keep saying it until you find it annoying". Don't worry Little Man, I found it extremely annoying [as well as amusing that he knew just what to do to push my buttons].

No comments: