Wednesday, December 22, 2010

checklist

Santa visited: þ

Christmas movies watched: haven’t seen A CHRISTMAS CAROL or IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE yet and really those are the best ones.

Christmas presents purchased: þ

Advent Calendar: þ

Christmas cards: þ

Missing addresses found: þ

Late Christmas cards: þ

Presents for party attendees: þ

Menu for party: þ

Food purchased: þ

Guests invited: þ

Last minute invitations: þ

Presents wrapped: only about ¼ done, boo!

House cleaned: NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

Vacuum cleaner picked up: þ

Porch cleaned: nope

Food cooked: eggs boiled for deviled eggs, but that’s it

 

You know what I’m noticing about this list?  There is very little to do with prayer or Jesus Christ on it.  I think that while I am busy being Martha, I should contemplate Mary and try to get my heart into the right frame of prayer and anticipation for the coming of the Christ child.  I vow to spend at least 15 minutes for 4 hours tonight in mediation upon my statue of Mary holding the Christ child.  I seem to have become lost in the material world and need to get myself back to the true meaning of Christmas.

 

No comments: