Friday, December 10, 2010

My Heart's at Home Daybook, December 10, 2010

Outside My Window ...
still City Hall Parking Lot.

***

Towards a daily rhythm ...
I don’t know that I am attempting anything big, just little things.  Getting ready for Christmas, but not stressing about getting everything done for Advent.  I figure that things will pick up as Gman gets older.  Now if we do the Jesse Tree a few times, light the Advent candles at least once a week, and let Gman put a figure on our Nativity Advent calendar, that’s enough.  I try and do some little thing around the house … sweep floors, wipe up counters, make the coffee, empty dishwasher, make favorite meals, etc.  Not all at once, but one or two a day.

***

I am thankful for ...
My husband.  He loves me so much.  He puts up with my neuroses and tries his very best to be a good father and husband.  I am so blessed.

***

From the kitchen ...
Nada.  We’re going to the movies so I see popcorn for dinner….which will probably cost more than getting into the movies.  Oh well, a holiday celebration.

***

To live the liturgy...
I bought a bunch of saint biographies….St. Rita, St. Monica, St. Dominic, St. Benedict, St. Gertrude, etc.  My goal for the new year is to read more theological non-fiction and not rot my brain with junk.

***

I am wearing ...
a light blue polo, brown pants, brown knee-high boots, and a red lanyard with my nametag, security ID, and 3 keys on it.

***

I am creating ...
nothing.  I am avoiding my job.  Need to get back to work.

***
Towards a real education ...
Sending my boy to a traditional Catholic school.  I think that is the best thing I can do for him.  Still working on my faith myself.
***

Bringing beauty to my home ...
with my joyful personality and bright smile.

***

I am reading  ...
books advertised in “BAS BLEU” and online book company.  I read their descriptions and if it sounds good, I get the book from the library.  So far, they’ve been okay, but I haven’t been overwhelmingly impressed

***

I am hoping ...
for a pleasant weekend with the boys.  No yelling, whining, or tantrums would be nice.

***

Around the house ...
Christmas is coming.  We will make Gman’s stone handprint for Gram this weekend, maybe make a huge batch of chocolate covered pretzels for home, school, and work, and maybe wrap some presents.  Gman loves to wrap.  He is Captain Tape.
***
One of my favorite things ...
the internet.  I get to connect with people.  I seem to have trouble doing that in person.

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
a movie tonight with DH, Gman, N, school cleaning, a Christmas party, and dinner with Gram and Aunt K on Sunday.

***

Here is a picture thought I am sharing~

This never shows up, but I thought I’d try it anyway.

No comments: